Firmware update for miniCASTER®
miniCASTER® Team releases the first official firmware update
Unterfoehring, 13 January 2012 -Happy faces and satisfied customers are the result of the first official firmware release. It was the perfect start into 2012 from the miniCASTER® teams perspective. A few weeks after the launch date for worldwide shipping, the miniCASTER® developer team successfully finished working on a new version of miniCASTER®s firmware in order to solve some minor problems which were reported by customers
Amongst multiple minor improvements miniCASTER® users will benefit from two main features:
1) Simplified profile management: Operators can now edit and create profiles directly from their device profile view. These profiles will also be made available on the device immediately.
2) User management: Operators can now create multiple users for their Repository Service account. This will enable them to limit certain users of the interface to certain functions and also entitle them to their own user-ID and Password. These users will also be reflected in the local browserbased interface starting from firmware 1.1.5.
Very important is the fact, that with the 1.1.5 release the 3G support is finally officially available. Several 3G sticks have been certified by the team and are now strongly recommended:
• ZTE MF190 / “o2 Prepaid-Surfstick-Colour”
• Huawei E1750 / “o2 Prepaid-Surfstick”
• Huawei E352s-5 / “T-mobile Stick Fusion III”
• 4g-Systems XS Stick W14
The easiest way to download the latest firmware 1.1.5 is to connect the device to the remote management firstname.lastname@example.org. This enables Operators to download and install the firmware the fastes way.
Michael Westphal, CEO: “3G is a extraordinary important broadcasting scenario for many of our clients and target groups. Therefore I am all excited, that finally miniCASTER® now works via 3G. Me and my team are very happy that miniCASTER® is now even better and more robust after having installed the latest firmware version. And there are more exciting things to come in the very near future.”
miniCASTER® is a truly mobile hardware based H.264 HD camera-top live encoder in pocket size that converts any camera or video source signal into an IP based livestream and delivers it via landline, dualband WiFi, satellite or 3G/4G networks to the leading Content Delivery Networks and video platforms. Through a built-in lithium battery it is possible to work stand-alone. miniCASTER® generates one HD and one SD Stream in parallel and is able to record on SD-Card in the device itself at the same time. The miniCASTER® encoder in pocket size comes in two different versions and can be operated in real-time via a web-based remote management portal.